The Bullet-Proof Business Case
A business case captures the reasoning for initiating a project or task.
The logic of the business case is that, whenever resources such as money or effort are consumed, they should be in support of a specific business need.
So why do so many businesses get it horribly wrong?
What will I learn?
All too often, project teams are asked to implement a solution before the underlying problem is known or assessed. No one likes working on misguided projects, or efforts that don’t meet business needs, or projects doomed for failure.
Worst of all are projects that are cancelled because of lack of support or sponsorship. A well-defined business case helps prevent these issues.
An essential ingredient to successful projects is a clear and relevant business case. It provides both insights into and a proposed solution for important business needs.
Bulletproof business cases contain feasible and effective ways of justifying and recommending projects that squarely address business needs, both problems and opportunities.
Through this course, you will learn a practical and repeatable process that starts with identifying business needs and ends with a bulletproof business case. It addresses the knowledge, processes and techniques necessary to prepare persuasive, evidence based business cases, including:
- Opportunity definition
- Stakeholder engagement
- Alternatives analysis
- Estimating costs & benefits
- Risk assessment, and
- Executive presentation
What are the benefits?
This workshop is highly interactive, and our semi-structured approach is dynamically responsive to the experience, needs and operating environment of the participants.
Participants are therefore encouraged to share complex, ‘real life’ examples from their professional experience that can be resolved using the best-practice principles of project management.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- reliably access, organise and monitor information
- apply research processes and strategies to identify new data sources
- triangulate multiple, complex sources of information
- critically analyse and interpret data to support organisational activities
- apply problem-solving skills to new initiatives in the appropriate organisational context, and
- present evidence based findings and recommendations in an appropriate format, style and structure using suitable business technology.
What is included?
Every Masterclass includes:
- Pre-workshop stakeholder meeting
- Contextualisation of resources
- Integration of corporate assets
- Course delivery
- Certificates of Attendance
- Comprehensive feedback
Additional services that may be quoted include:
- Learner resources (eg notes, folders etc)
- Venue hire (including AV) and catering
- Travel and accommodation
- International guest presenters
- Extended workplace mentoring
How much does it cost?
We work with our clients in a number of capacities including on a negotiated hourly, daily or a fixed rate basis.
Corporate clients are usually charged a fixed fee, as opposed to a per participant rate; although a cap may be placed on participant numbers (usually 25 people per workshop) to guarantee optimum levels of interaction.
At present, we do not offer individual (public) seats on our corporate Masterclasses.